Início » Iran War: US attack hits city housing nuclear facility (with video)

Iran War: US attack hits city housing nuclear facility (with video)

Although the U.S. military has not yet officially commented on the bombing, President Donald Trump shared a video of the strike on social media, showing explosions lighting up the night sky

Platform

A United States attack struck Isfahan overnight, sending a massive fireball into the sky in the central Iran city, which hosts a nuclear facility.

Although the U.S. military has not yet officially commented on the bombing, President Donald Trump shared a video of the strike on social media, showing explosions lighting up the night sky.

Isfahan is home to one of three facilities previously targeted by the United States in June, and U.S. officials believe part of Iran’s highly enriched uranium is stored or buried in the area.

Fire-tracking satellites from NASA indicate that the explosions occurred near Mount Soffeh, an area Washington believes contains military positions. Iran has not yet confirmed the attack.

Read more about this topic: Iran War: Trump “will blow up power plants, oil wells, and Kharg Island” if deal isn’t reached

Satellite imagery taken shortly before the 12-day standoff in June between Iran and Israel suggests that Tehran moved a truck carrying highly enriched uranium to a nuclear facility in Isfahan.

An image from a Pléiades Neo satellite operated by Airbus Defence and Space shows a truck carrying 18 blue containers entering a tunnel at the Isfahan Nuclear Technology Center about two weeks before the U.S. strike.

Analysts believe the truck was transporting most or all of Iran’s enriched uranium stockpile, with purity levels reaching up to 60%—a short technical step from the 90% required for nuclear weapons.

Since the start of attacks by Israel and the United States on February 28, Tehran has responded with strikes on military and strategic targets across several U.S.-allied countries in the Middle East.

Read more about this topic: Iran War: US “will soon regain control” of Hormuz (with video)

On Tuesday, Iran’s foreign minister Abbas Araghchi insisted that Tehran is targeting only U.S. forces in the region.

“Our operations are aimed at enemy aggressors who have no respect for Arabs or Iranians and cannot provide any security,” he wrote on social media, adding that it is “time to expel American forces.”

A Kuwaiti oil tanker was also hit by a projectile launched from Iran while docked at the port of Dubai, according to the Kuwait Petroleum Corporation.

In the past hours, four people were injured in Dubai due to falling debris caused by air defense systems, authorities said. Air raid sirens were heard in Bahrain.

In Saudi Arabia, the defense ministry said it intercepted three ballistic missiles aimed at Riyadh, adding that debris from a downed drone caused minor damage to six homes. Sirens were also heard in Jerusalem, followed by loud explosions after the Israeli military warned of an incoming barrage of Iranian missiles.

Contact Us

Generalist media, focusing on the relationship between Portuguese-speaking countries and China.

Plataforma Studio

Newsletter

Subscribe Plataforma Newsletter to keep up with everything!

Uh-oh! It looks like you're using an ad blocker.

Our website relies on ads to provide free content and sustain our operations. By turning off your ad blocker, you help support us and ensure we can continue offering valuable content without any cost to you.

We truly appreciate your understanding and support. Thank you for considering disabling your ad blocker for this website