Trump says no to virtual debate with Biden - Plataforma Media

Trump says no to virtual debate with Biden

Head-to-head between Trump and Biden is scheduled for October 15th. Trump says he won’t waste his time.

The next debate between U.S. President Donald Trump and Democratic opponent Joe Biden will be entirely virtual because of concerns about the new coronavirus, the committee that organizes these heads-up announced. The debate is scheduled for October 15 and should take place in Miami, Florida.

“The second presidential debate will take the form of a town meeting [a kind of assembly where undecided voters directly question politicians], in which candidates will participate in separate remote locations,” according to a statement from the Parliamentary Debates Commission.

The move is to “protect the health and safety of everyone involved,” according to the same statement, known less than a week after the US president tested positive for covid-19.

But in an interview with Fox Business, Trump dubbed the plan ridiculous. “I will not waste my time in a virtual debate, this is not a debate. You sit behind the computer and have a debate, ridiculous, ”he said, accusing the commission of“ trying to protect Biden ”.

Read more in Diário de Notícias

This article is available in: Português

Related posts
PoliticsWorld

Nancy Pelosi will continue to lead the House of Representatives

Politics

Trump wanted to launch military attack on Iran last week

Biden wins White House, ending Trump presidency

Society

Trump campaign says 'this election is not over'

Subscribe to our Newsletter.