The Secretary of State for Portuguese Communities is following the case of Jessica Pequeno, the 27-year-old daughter of restaurant entrepreneurs abducted yesterday morning from her home in the city of Matola, on the outskirts of Maputo. It is already the 10th abduction of business victims this year
A day went by about the kidnapping and so far there has been no further information about the possible whereabouts of Jessica Pequeno, according to the Secretary of State for Portuguese Communities, Berta Nunes. Jessica, 27, was abducted on Monday by an unknown group between 07.00 and 08.00 local (between 05.00 and 06.00 in Lisbon), on the street of her residence in the city of Matola, moments after leaving home, said to Lusa the provincial director of the National Criminal Investigation Service (Sernic), Benjamina Chaves.
The victim’s parents own the Burako da Velha restaurant in the city of Matola, on the outskirts of Maputo. “There has been no news since yesterday. The family is very concerned but with the hope of seeing it again ”, said Secretary of State Berta Nunes. “We are following the case, together with the Portuguese Embassy in Maputo and the Consulate. Yesterday they went to talk to the young woman’s family, to see what needs they had and were also in contact with the local authorities that are investigating the abduction ”.