Netherlands 'freezes' Isabel dos Santos' husband participation in Exem Energy - Plataforma Media

Netherlands ‘freezes’ Isabel dos Santos’ husband participation in Exem Energy

An Amsterdam court decided to ‘freeze’ the participation of Sindika Dokolo, husband of Angolan businesswoman Isabel dos Santos, in Exem, as part of a dispute over a deal with Sonangol in 2006.

According to the decision, consulted today by Lusa, the Dutch commercial arbitration court froze the entrepreneur’s participation in Exem and forced the departure of the Esperaza board of directors from the representative of this company, having also ordered the dividends to be returned.

At stake is the sale, by Sonangol, of the 40% stake in Esperaza holding company to Exem, whose main beneficiary is the Congolese businessman Sindika Dokolo, husband of businesswoman Isabel dos Santos, daughter of former President of Angola José Eduardo dos Santos .

Sonangol holds 60% of Esperaza shares, Exem having the other 40%. Exem is a Dutch holding company whose main beneficiary is Sindika Dokolo, according to court documents.

This article is available in: Português

Subscribe to our Newsletter.