Angola has already spent 64.3 million euros in fighting the pandemic - Plataforma Media

Angola has already spent 64.3 million euros in fighting the pandemic

Luanda isolated from the rest of the country until May 10

The Angolan Government has spent 43 billion kwanzas (64.3 million euros) in combating the new coronavirus, which has already infected 92 Angolans, according to Covid-19’s Report on Pandemic Control Activities released today.

The value was revealed in the document presented today at the National Assembly, by the Minister of State and head of the Security House of the President of the Republic.

Pedro Sebastião said that in addition to this money used to settle various expenses, the Government received donations in material, food and monetary values, valued at 4.2 billion kwanzas (6.2 million euros), 5.5 million dollars (4.8 million euros) and 772.2 thousand euros.

According to the minister, monetary donations were mostly made by banks and directed towards payments made for the purchase of equipment and biosafety material.

The report indicates that China and Qatar were the largest donors of material goods to the country.

The Angolan official stressed that not everything went in the best way, there were also some constraints, namely in the implementation and control of the measures, which were gradually overcome.

“Inexperience of all the actors involved in the behavior of the virus, insufficient means of transport, fuel, lubricants, etc., incredulity of the populations to the covid-19 disease, leading to the initial failure to comply with the social isolation measures and the use of individual masks. “, he said.

The difficulties in the supply of electricity within the provinces, as well as the supply of drinking water, combined with the damage to cisterns and motorcycle cisterns due to the poor state of the roads, were other difficulties that were also noted.

The Minister of State and head of the Security House of the President of the Republic underlined that the covid-19 virus in Angola is limited to the province of Luanda, with the municipality of Talatona with the highest number of cases, “reason enough to maintain until now the sanitary fence in this province and to determine the sanitary cords in the areas of transmission that are registered to it “.

“The behavior of covid-19 in Angola is mainly characterized by asymptomatic cases, which unfortunately also have the capacity to transmit the disease”, he stressed.

The minister of Health of Angola, Sílvia Lutucuta, said, Monday, in a press conference, that it is necessary to consider the lifting of the sanitary fence of Luanda, capital of Angola, because there are still “high risk fences”.

“The in-depth investigation continues in relation to the cases of contamination, which have arisen, several of which are highly complex,” he said, referring to Clínica Multiperfil, in the municipality of Cazenga.

“And not only that, we have to continue to ensure that these conditions – and we are at the epicenter – if we open up, a case for the provinces can end and we want to make the other provinces more peaceful and ensure that the epidemiological situation is ultra and well controlled and we are still at high risk at this point “, he stressed.

Angola has 92 cases of covid-19, of which four died and 38 recovered.

In Africa, there are 5,334 confirmed deaths and about 196,000 infected in 54 countries, according to the most recent statistics on the continent’s pandemic.

The covid-19 pandemic has already claimed more than 404,000 deaths and infected more than seven million people in 196 countries and territories, according to the balance made by the French agency AFP.

Este artigo está disponível em: Português

Related posts
SocietyWorld

Boris Johnson and António Guterres discuss increased vaccine production

SocietyWorld

New cases of covid-19 decreased 16% last week

BrazilSociety

Clandestine parties gather more than 10,000 people in São Paulo

SocietyWorld

North Korea tried to hack Pfizer systems

Assine nossa Newsletter