The ban was ruled by the First Childhood, Youth and Elderly Court. The judge said that court inspectors had detected irregular situations before the fire that killed 10 people
Children and teenagers will not be able to enter the Flamengo Training Center, better known as the Vulture's Nest. According to Agência Brasil, the ban was ruled today (Feb 13) by Brasilia's First Childhood, Youth and Elderly Court.
Minors won't be allowed to enter, stay or engage in activities at the training center before the suit filed by Rio de Janeiro's Public Prosecutor has been looked into. Failure to comply with the ruling could result in a R$10 million fine for the club (€2.3 million) and a R$1 million (€236,000) for Flamengo president Rodolfo Landim.
Judge Pedro Henrique Alves, who signed the ruling, said that several irregular situations were detected in previous inspections, i.e. before the fire that killed 10 people and injured three last Friday.
The services of the First Childhood Court had already detected problems involving "accommodation, food, health care, education, pedagogical and psychological support, athletes' documentation, professional team, and family and community relations," Agência Brasil reported.
The ruling adds that in an inspection conducted after the fire, the Childhood and Youth Court team found out that Flamengo had taken some measures without informing the authorities, such as placing the youths' accommodations in the place where the fire started.
Flamengo announced that the club complies with all court rulings and that it will do so as soon as it is notified.